Each year, New Hope Foundation, in alliance with the Dallas Bar Association and Notre Dame Club of Dallas, delivers gift baskets to local women’s shelters. The women served are victims of violence, including human trafficking, or they are homeless and alone. They often have nothing, so the baskets provide some basic necessities and a bit of dignity and hope.
WE NEED YOUR HELP:
We are seeking donations of completed baskets from local groups, organizations, and families. We are asking each group to pledge to make as few as 10 or as many as 50, but any amount is appreciated! Or you may donate goods so that our volunteers may complete baskets for you. We ask that you use only new items; however, gently used paperback books are welcomed. It is also important that each is enclosed with tulle (above left), plastic (above right), or shrink wrap to keep contents together during transportation. Lastly, it would be helpful to include a tag that identifies contents, especially if you are including sized items. All baskets should include soap, shampoo, conditioner, and a loofah or washcloth. In addition to those items, you may include any (or all) of the following, and feel free to add any appropriate item not listed.
- Toiletries (hotel samples, soap, shampoo, toothbrush/paste, shower caps, etc)
- Flip flops or slippers
- Night Shirt, pajamas, socks, under garments
- Feminine hygiene products, wrapped or enclosed
- Make up or perfume, or samples
- Paperback book (decent content, no abusive content; may be gently used) or puzzle book
- Journal, calendar, pens, stationary, small gift
- Hair ties, comb, brush, accessories
- Candy, snacks with long shelf life (no fresh fruit)
- Anything inspirational and/or appropriate
- A personal note of encouragement
- A tag on the outside listing what is inside
Please do not include candles, alcohol, things that might spoil, gift cards or anything too valuable, or your personal information. And THANK YOU! You may not know the person you are helping, but they are VERY grateful!
Mother’s Day 2015 is May 10.
Please RSVP your pledge,
and plan to deliver baskets and donations to New Hope Foundation by Saturday, May 2.
If you would like to donate monetarily to this project – or any of our other New Hope Foundation projects, you may donate online using the PayPal Donate button below.
(On the PayPal page after you have logged in, there is a link that says “Add special instructions to the seller” where you can specify that you want your donation to go towards Mother’s Day gift baskets.)